Social media platforms can have a direct impact on your fundraising campaign goals. Let’s look at a few point which can give you the right direction to leverage different social media platforms. A few questions which every fundraiser come across are, ” Which platforms can I use to promote my campaign?”, “How can I promote my campaigns to reach my goal?”
Don’t worry, though. We got your back! Here we have compiled a list of things to do on social media while promoting a crowdfunding campaign.
- Going in prepared: Crowdfunding needs preparation, planning and strategizing. In fact, you can have an entire schedule of posts planned beforehand. Make some post ideas for different platforms. Remember to have all your posts focusing on your cause, try to connect to your audience by sharing your story with them.
- Create Different Campaigns: Connect with your audience by creating different campaigns as per their persona. These campaigns can be planned by putting out different perspectives but keeping the focus always on the cause. To get an idea, have a look at these campaigns, The Giving Tuesday and Fridays For Future
- Spamming: While we are talking about scheduling posts, let’s talk about how much is too much. Well, the exact number will differ for every platform. For example, on Facebook a couple of messages a day is good, on Twitter the number can be 6-7 a day while on Instagram or Reddit, it would be one post a day. You will have to work this one out based on your niche.
- Same appeal for all platforms: The attention span, retention and word count of a post is different for every platform. It would be an advisable thing to customize your post based on the platform. That’s why planning and scheduling is important.
- Achieving milestones: While your prepared posts would only be donation appeals, it is also important to share every milestone of your campaign with your followers. Its should not just be about hitting the 20 or 25% mark, but also about some of the more generous donations, or developments offline. Sharing the whole journey of your campaign with your audience, not only make it successful but it gives you followers who believe in your cause too.
- Appealing graphics: Another important task to complete before the launch of the campaign is to have a few pictures, videos, and other graphic elements prepared. As far as possible, use some of these with every post whatever the platform may be.
- Approaching strangers: You know what’s the beauty of crowdfunding? It depends on people you know. And in return, they approach people they know for you. Even when you do approach a stranger, don’t do it with a donation appeal. Cultivate a genuine bond before even mentioning the campaign.
Now that you are well versed with things to avoid in social media promotions, go ahead and start a FREE fundraiser on Crowdera. If you have more questions, feel free to browse our blog, or read the FAQ section of our website.